Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Death's Embrace

Nearing Her shores,
She bids me for a final embrace,
Her sweet scent alluring me to her throne,
yet i must resist her for my time has not come,
she tempts me forth with rest and tranquility...


She is the beauty we fear most,
'Death' in her grandest appeal,
The gatekeeper between Paradise and Damnation..
She longs for embrace sinner or saint,
she does not chose,
for the choices we have already made,
she bids us only to the result of our choice.
She longs only for our eternal rest..


why do i long for her so?
is it of reason that i fear her not?
that her embrace is as Milton put a
"the golden key that opens the place of eternity"
yet i know i have much more to achieve
thus our embrace must wait.
for i hav the bidding of the Lord foremost
before we can meet..


Till that final embrace i shall cherish thee
In my endavours with fearless courage..
for thee art only my passage way to the golden streets of
Paradise..

No comments:

Post a Comment